If you are in need of spinal surgery in Atlanta many conditions can be treated using minimally invasive spine surgery. MD Pain Care offers many types of endoscopic spinal surgical procedures. All procedures are done by two of the most highly skilled and experienced endoscopic spine surgery doctors in Atlanta.
Regardless of the diagnosed condition every patient has a somewhat unique medical situation. Because of our commitment to providing the best possible care and treatments we offer consultations with a spinal surgeon. The purpose of the consultation is for us to discuss your situation, evaluate your condition and discuss with you the options for treating spinal injuries and chronic problems.
Is Endoscopic Surgery Right For You?
Spinal surgery is usually a last resort solution to eliminating or mitigating neck and back pain. Most physicians recommend spinal surgery when there has been catastrophic injury or chronic pains cannot be managed by massage therapy, physical therapy or other pain relief methods.
If you believe that your situation may require spinal surgery we invite you to schedule a consultation to meet with an orthopedic surgeon to learn more about the risks, benefits and potential outcomes from minimally invasive spinal surgery.
Endoscopic Spinal Surgery
Minimally invasive surgery utilizes a method referred to as endoscopic surgery to complete complex surgeries and vastly improve the patient’s experience. Traditionally, surgeons had to make large incisions to have full access to see and correct internal problems. Modern technologies have enabled surgical teams to provide endoscopic and laparoscopic methods for even the most complex neck and spinal surgical procedures.
Unlike open surgery which requires incisions often exceeding 10″ the endoscopic process usually requires two or three incisions which may be as small as 1″. Through the small incisions the surgeon can insert a small tube shaped instrument with a camera and light, and use another tube to insert surgical implements and complete the procedure. Endoscopic surgery provides numerous advantages to both the surgical team and the patient.
Endoscopic Surgery Advantages
- Substantial reduction in time required for surgery.
- Minimizes post-operative discomfort and facilitates a shorter hospital stay.
- Minimizes recovery times and incision scar tissue.
- Minimizes disruption to soft tissue and organs.
- Is safer than traditional open spinal surgery procedures.
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Endoscopic techniques may be used to complete many of our spinal surgical procedures. There are several types of procedures, each being suited to address specific complications or conditions. All of the procedures that we offer are well established (not experimental surgeries) and are proven to have the potential to provide excellent results in most cases. The most frequently performed minimally invasive spinal surgery procedures we offer include:
- Endoscopic Discectomy is designed to relieve the pain caused by herniated disc tissue pressing against nerve roots in the spine.
- Endoscoscopic Spinal Stenosis Decompression Lumbar spinal stenosis decompression is designed to relieve pain caused by overgrowth of bone and ligament pressing on nerve root.
- Vertebroplasty used to treat fractured vertebrae by use of a specially formulated acrylic bone cement to increase spinal stability and relieve back pain.
- Balloon Kyphoplasty is designed to treat spine fractures caused by osteoporosis. It is specifically used to provide rapid back pain relief and help straighten the spine.